Spring is beautiful for many reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for outdoor air and your power bill is normally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heat or cooling.
But as mercury begins to climb, so do your energy charges. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Savannah and keeping costs down.
1. Book Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and reduce costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep power bills low.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a good time to update it. The energy-saving options in newer AC systems is a big plus in keeping your utility bill down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Learning how to efficiently use your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the cheaper your cooling expense will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can turn to several other approaches to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which forces cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save energy and money. You can also change the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These professional ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses economical. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 912-208-2399 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the correct solution for your house. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.