Spring is beautiful for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for outdoor air and your power bill is often at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning on your heating or cooling.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy costs. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Savannah and keeping costs down.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and lower costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep power bills down.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to update it. The energy-saving options in modern air conditioning systems is a big plus in keeping your utility bill down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Learning how to effectively use your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the cheaper your cooling expense will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can turn to several other approaches to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and adjust the temp when you’re out and about to help you save energy and money. You can also change the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy expenses economical. If you decide it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 912-208-2399 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the correct solution for your house. And as always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.