Booking routine AC maintenance is helpful.
Service keeps your air conditioning unit in Savannah working at its top performance while keeping electricity usage low. It also could even help prolong its life cycle.
While there are a couple jobs you can do by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Coastal Service Experts, for AC examinations and service.
Here are a few steps you can take on your own as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that involves a big portion of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the hotter temps near, it’s also a good idea to put AC service on that listing.
Spring is a great time to get your cooling system scrubbed and examined. Hesitating to turn it on until the first hot day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to have repair or replacement, you may be waiting a long time for a technician. And that can turn extremely unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being one step ahead with a fresh cooling system will help ensure the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling upkeep can be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service on My Own?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your AC unit in the ultimate order:
- Put in a new air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and could reduce your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially important if you suffer from allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn work by the outside condenser. Make sure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also remove any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your equipment, because this could impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Coastal Service Experts at 912-208-2399, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already finished. Then our Experts get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure reliable comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving components working effortlessly and potentially skip issues.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to eliminate any blockage from soil and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your unit is switching on, running and shutting off properly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to confirm your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that require further action, we are ready to offer you the most reasonable option. Pinpointing possible issues promptly can solve larger issues later. This also gives you time to strategize if your system is aging.
When you are looking for an updated AC system, our Experts will partner with you to select the ideal solution for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to request your maintenance? Contact us at 912-208-2399 or schedule an appointment online right away.