Planning routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Service keeps your air conditioning unit in Savannah working at its best performance while keeping electricity usage low. It also may even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are several jobs you can do by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Coastal Service Experts, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can take on your own as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that entails a large portion of house, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter temperatures near, it’s also a good idea to include AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is a great time to get your cooling system scrubbed and inspected. Delaying to turn it on until the first hot day of the year can be risky. If you have to have repair or replacement, you might be waiting days for a tech. And that can turn awfully unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being one step ahead with a fresh air conditioning system will help ensure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling service can be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Complete Maintenance Alone?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the ultimate state:
- Put in a new air filter. Filthy filters restrict airflow and could reduce your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you have, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially important if you suffer from allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn work near the outside condenser. Make sure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling equipment. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have dropped into your system, because this could impede airflow.
Let the Pros Handle the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Coastal Service Experts at 912-208-2399, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our Experts get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure secure cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially skip breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to eliminate any blockage from soil and weeds.
- Checking controls to double check your equipment is turning on, running and turning off properly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to confirm your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that require further action, we are set to provide you the most reasonable option. Pinpointing possible troubles promptly can solve larger troubles down the road. This also gives you time to save if your system is getting older.
When you are looking for an updated cooling system, our Experts will partner with you to select the best equipment for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to book your maintenance? Call us at 912-208-2399 or schedule an appointment online now.