How to Protect Your Home in Extreme Cold
It’s frigid outside. Much of the country is layering up for some icy temperatures. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water connections.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks and bathrooms by outer walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not functioning, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Coastal Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.