No matter what the temperature outside, the temperature within your home determines how comfortable your family will seem. Choose the right temp and your rooms will seem like a nice escape from the world. But if your HVAC system isn’t working properly, you’ll know. And it won’t be enjoyable.
Get ready to take a deeper look at the manner you’re using your heating and cooling equipment. It might make the difference between a superstar system or a pathetic performer. Start this quick quiz from Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- Hotter days are right around the corner. How do you get your system ready?
- Replace the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s ready to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the pros for a seasonal checkup.
- Not a thing. It will be fine.
- You’re planning a party on a scorching night, but the AC isn’t working. What’s your first step?
- Instruct my visitors to bring chilled beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it working before guests arrive.
- Switch on my fans and pray for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is getting old. What’s your plan when it’s time for it to retire?
- Let my contractor pick one out and pay for it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and expenses by selecting a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Purchase the most expensive system currently available.
- When you open your next monthly power bill, what do you expect you’ll see?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My HVAC bills have gotten expensive.
- It will be comparable to the bill for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I open it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are shocking.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a funny noise. What’s your next step?
- Dig out my toolbox and spend a weekend trying to fix it.
- Bring in a skilled technician to examine it.
- Forget about it and hope it goes away.
Now tally your results. If you answered mostly Bs, your heating and cooling tendencies are right on. You’re taking care of your equipment and you prepared a plan for down the road. But if you responded to any of these questions with As or Cs, you should make a number of changes to help your HVAC perform more effectively. Keep reading to find out how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Arrange Yearly Maintenance While switching out your air filter and clearing your vents are critical tasks to prepare your system for a different season, a professional maintenance visit is critical to finish the process. During a seasonal visit, your HVAC technician will perform a series of tasks that promote the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re around, your HVAC Expert will keep an eye out for more severe complications for your equipment. That could save you a costly breakdown later down the road.
Select a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained home comfort systems can have complications occasionally. And it always seems to hit at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can handle the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that crucial service to customers at no added cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Some home comfort systems can last for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Build a plan now to avoid last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It gives you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front expenses. And as an added bonus, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy charges and call us when they radically change. Your electricity bills can reveal more than your monthly expenses. If you’re observing a stable escalation in your bills but no variation in home comfort, something is probably going on with your equipment. A new high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Take action when you detect a odd noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than bothersome. It indicates something is off with your system. Even if it’s a relatively small trouble, left alone it could make for an costly repair down the road. Don’t try to correct it yourself. Leave it to the pros to figure out and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t maintain it. If you utilize these tips, you could save time, extra costs and annoyance. And if your system just isn’t cutting it anymore, contemplate installing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To find out more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!