How Do You Check for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of gases that could be inside your Savannah house. Natural gas and fumes that originate from residential fixtures, carpet and paints. None of them are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Reach Coastal Service Experts at 912-208-2399 right away to begin defending your house against this toxic gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Toxic?

Carbon monoxide could be a life and death situation, so it’s not a situation to mess around with.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is dangerous because you can’t observe it, detect it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in small doses and can’t be purified.

2. It Can Be Deadly After Only Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a side effect of spent fuel. It can leak into your home during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. While it depends on how big the leak is and the circulation in a home, the gas can become lethal in just a few minutes.

Once inhaled, it has a half-life of around five hours. If you are inhaling clean air, it will take five hours to take it out of your bloodstream. You will need an additional five hours to reduce that amount by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mimic Other Illnesses

The gas can also mimic illnesses that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Protect Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are some things you can complete to keep your house safe:

  1. Your house with at least one gas appliance, attached garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide system. You should have a sensor on all levels of your house, on top of the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide alarm in your home?
    Call Coastal Service Experts at 912-208-2399 to get one. Ask our Experts about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
  2. If you currently own a carbon monoxide alarm, regularly test or swap out the batteries. You should test batteries every season, and get a new alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide detector alerts you to danger, exit your residence right away and call 911.

Protect Your Family with Assistance from Coastal Service Experts

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the recommended actions your home can be guarded from the hazardous gas. Make the proper changes and call Coastal Service Experts at 912-208-2399 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.