Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your air conditioning suddenly goes out. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. Talk about a headache!
Properly timed air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this problem. But how can you tell when it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t appear to have any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive strategy is the answer to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner working efficiently, HVAC professionals encourage servicing it a minimum of once a year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, protecting against potential issues and increasing its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal time to get that done. This makes it possible for you to identify and repair potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your system runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to maximizing cooling performance with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioning tune-up is a detailed process involving various steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not suggested. Here are some key parts of the work conducted during a routine service appointment:
- Careful inspection: The technician visually examines your air conditioning unit for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other components to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to support safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter increases air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals advise doing this in your own system every couple of months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down the way it should.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners question if routine maintenance is worth the investment. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less power to keep your home cool, leading to lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician carefully inspects your cooling system every spring. A simple repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Improved air quality: A clean air conditioning system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, routine AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on premature replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, sudden repairs or system replacements.
To maximize your savings, think about enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and spending plan. You’ll experience several advantages no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, and other discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, regular AC maintenance is crucial for boosting performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule your annual visit, preferably in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and enjoy numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with qualified Experts, complete maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or schedule your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.