Building a new residence? Upgrading your existing system? Whatever the reason why you’re in the market for an air conditioner, you could quickly realize you have more possibilities than you first thought. Use this information to help you compare four different kinds so you can choose the right air conditioner in Savannah.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people call to mind when they envision air conditioning for the complete house. Central air conditioning sends air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking nearly noiseless, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps run much like central air conditioners. Some models can also provide heat in cold weather.
This could be good for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- Your home is in a climate with mild weather during the winter.
- You want one piece of equipment for full-year heating and cooling, rather than a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for quiet, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet remains at a consistent 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump draws on this ongoing supply of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be right for you if:
- Your residence utilizes ductwork.
- You’re looking for a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have adequate land around your house for the subterranean loops.
This is another type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an interior blower unit mounted to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This could be right for you if:
- Your residence, or a new expansion to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling individual rooms.
- You’re looking to install zoning in your house.
Don’t know which style of air conditioner you should purchase? Rely on the Experts at Coastal Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can talk through your options and help you choose the ideal one for your needs. Please contact us at 912-208-2399 to schedule an air conditioning replacement estimate today.