Building a new residence? Upgrading your existing system? Regardless of why you’re in the market for an air conditioner, you might quickly realize you have more possibilities than you initially thought. Go through this info to help you compare four different kinds so you can choose the right air conditioner in Savannah.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people call to mind when they imagine air conditioning for the whole house. Central air conditioning sends air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for nearly noiseless, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In warm weather, heat pumps operate much like central air conditioners. Some models can also provide heat in cold weather.
This could be good for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- Your reside in a climate with mild weather during the winter.
- You want a lone piece of equipment for full-year heating and cooling, rather than a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t use (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for quiet, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground under your feet remains at a consistent 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump uses this continuous supply of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be right for you if:
- Your residence uses ductwork.
- You’re looking for a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have adequate land around your house for the buried loops.
This is another type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an interior blower unit mounted to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This could be right for you if:
- Your residence, or a new add-on to it, doesn’t include ductwork.
- You’re seeking an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling individual spaces.
- You’re looking to get zoning for your house.
Not sure which style of air conditioner you should purchase? Rely on the Experts at Coastal Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can talk through your options and help you choose the right one for your needs. Please contact us estimate today.