Summer is normally a busy time of year for many families in Savannah. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any variety of other fun activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Savannah heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Savannah heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Coastal Service Experts a call at 912-208-2399 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is working at its highest level in the Savannah heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early sign of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when organizing outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Savannah temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than typical. It can help you cool down a bit sooner so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.