Stay Cool During Summer Activities in Savannah
Summer is normally a busy time of year for many people in Savannah. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any number of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Savannah heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five pointers:
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early indicator of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when organizing outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Savannah temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than typical. It can help you cool down a bit faster so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.