Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Savannah, you could be considering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some points to think over, in addition to the perks of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and increases comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to get the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the proper amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. A modern air conditioner may require a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Coastal Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the correct advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you replace both units together.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any large short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system fails. You can circumvent the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these rewards:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at the best efficiency, making your house more comfortable and lowering your ongoing utility bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed at once. And you might even be eligible for an exclusive deal since you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Coastal Service Experts. We realize the price of replacing your complete system may worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 912-208-2399 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.