Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Savannah, you may be considering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some points to think about, plus the perks of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and increases comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the proper amount of air to keep your residence comfy. An updated air conditioner may require a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Coastal Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and give the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you replace both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any big short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system fails. You can circumvent the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these rewards:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything runs at the best efficiency, making your house more comfortable and lowering your monthly utility expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed at once. And you might even be eligible for an exclusive deal as you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Coastal Service Experts. We realize the price of replacing your entire system may worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 912-208-2399 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.