When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water looks clear, it might still carry toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people do not like the taste of contaminated tap water and understand the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have healthy drinking water nearby.
If you want to safeguard your family’s well-being, you might first consider going the bottled water plan. Unfortunately, this gets costly fast. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up damaging the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It can also deliver healthier water more conveniently because you can get it straight from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, allowing you to maximize the benefits wherever you use water in your home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filtration system, find out what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out harmful contaminants. Then, contact Coastal Service Experts to help you choose and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality may differ by location, but several of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that legal water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap, furnishing you and your family with safe, healthy water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can accumulate in the water main following heavy rainfall. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. However, this disinfectant can generate dangerous chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Some DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more cloudy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and stick to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that clean water doesn’t have to come with steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the strongest warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Coastal Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to scale back water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Coastal Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.