Your heating and cooling system is vital to home comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Many homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever broken down on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with urgent repairs, higher energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you could ensure a continuous source of clean, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like getting an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should look into enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Participation takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to schedule tune-ups with Coastal Service Experts, but we highly endorse signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it's not hard to forget about setting up furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, check out these benefits:
- Uncover smaller problems right away: Issues with your HVAC equipment often form slowly. When a technician checks the internal components each year, it’s possible to locate and fix small problems before they become big headaches.
- Lower the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By securing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the risk of an unexpected breakdown diminishes.
- Lower repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable amount that minimizes the need for most major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that annual maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Encourage home comfort: When your home comfort system functions the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more comfortable humidity in every room.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer than a neglected one, saving you on early replacement expenses.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety inspection during each visit delivers peace of mind that your HVAC system is performing like it's supposed to.
- Adhere to your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in upkeep now safeguards you from pricey repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can typically expect same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your home comfort system? An HVAC contract gives you access to the fastest installs feasible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance lowers the need for repair service, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance contract provides a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are occasionally unavoidable, but they can get costly fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you dissatisfied, your technician will return to make things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Coastal Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan offers and get in touch with our staff to help you choose the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Coastal Service Experts office today.