What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?

Prevention is the most essential step. Completing appropriate safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Savannah.

Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:

  • Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
  • Don’t use ovens or grills as heating sources. These appliances are safe when used properly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
  • Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
  • Have your chimney checked by a pro. This makes sure chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
  • Confirm gas appliances are operating properly, especially your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by scheduling regular furnace maintenance with Coastal Service Experts.