Prevention is the most essential step. Completing appropriate safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Savannah.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heating sources. These appliances are safe when used properly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a pro. This makes sure chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating properly, especially your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by scheduling regular furnace maintenance with Coastal Service Experts.