Prevention is the most essential step. Completing appropriate safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Savannah.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when used properly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This makes sure chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating properly, particularly your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by scheduling regular furnace maintenance with Coastal Service Experts.