What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by incomplete fuel combustion usually caused by not enough oxygen. In your residence, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not working properly or have been installed improperly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces can also create carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is deadly at high levels or with extended exposure.